BTA BikeSwap Coming to PDX Bicycle Show
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 22, 2013
BTA BikeSwap Coming to PDX Bicycle Show
Portland, Oregon – For the first time, the BTA BikeSwap will be an opportunity for families, new cyclists and experienced riders to buy and sell their cycling gear as part of the PDX Bicycle Show on March 23 and 24. Just in time for spring, BikeSwap is expected to include thousands of cycling-related items like bikes, trailers, tools, parts, and accessories at bargain prices. Pedal Nation Events is partnering with the Bicycle Transportation Alliance (BTA) and the Community Cycling Center for this event. A portion of the proceeds from BTA BikeSwap will help these two non-profit organizations to create healthy, sustainable communities by making cycling safe, convenient and accessible for all.
Features for buyers make the BTA BikeSwap unique compared to other used gear sales:
- Buyers will be able to view items online prior to the sale which saves time and lets buyers focus their search.
- The first two hours of BikeSwap will be reserved for BTA Members which will allow them first choice on BikeSwap items. BTA memberships will be available at the show and include discounts to nearly 100 businesses, restaurants and bike shops throughout Oregon. VIP Shopping Hours for BTA members are Saturday March 23 from 10:00am until noon.
- The final two hours will feature a Gambler’s Sale with any remaining gear and bicycles at 30% off their already-low, bargain basement price. Gambler’s Sale hours will be Sunday March 24 from 2:00pm to 4:00pm.
- Any items that are unsold will be donated to the Community Cycling Center whose mission focuses on broadening access to bicycling and its benefits.
For sellers, BTA BikeSwap is a chance to clear out garages, sheds, closets and storage areas of unused gear while also helping others. There are three ways to get rid of your gear:
- Make a tax-deductible charitable contribution by donating gear. Gear can be dropped off at numerous locations or can be picked up by the BTA.
- Consign your gear, BikeSwap will work to sell it and will split the proceeds with you.
- Purchase a table for the show and sell it yourself.
For more information, including details on how to donate, consign or sell your gear, go to:
BTA BikeSwap in the media:
BikePortland.org – BTA plans new ‘BikeSwap’ event at PDX Bicycle Show
BTAOregon.org – BTA BikeSwap coming to PDX Bicycle Show in March
BTA BikeSwap on Facebook:
About the Bicycle Transportation Alliance:
The Bicycle Transportation Alliance was formed in Portland, Oregon in 1990, has approximately 4,000 members, and advocates on behalf of citizens who bicycle at the local, regional, state and federal levels. BTA works to improve the conditions for bicycling through education for both cyclists and motorists, through engineering and building streets that are safe for all users, through advocating for increased enforcement of traffic laws and through encouragement programs that get people of all ages and abilities to consider cycling as a transportation choice. The BTA is dedicated to creating healthy, sustainable communities by making bicycling safer, more convenient and more accessible.
About the Community Cycling Center:
The Community Cycling Center is a nonprofit organization founded in 1994. Their mission is to broaden access to bicycling and its benefits, focusing primarily on neighborhoods in Northeast Portland, Oregon. Their vision is to build a vibrant community where people of all backgrounds use bicycles to stay healthy and connected. http://CommunityCyclingCenter.org/
About the PDX Bicycle Show
The PDX Bicycle Show is a public show begun in 2010 that offers a variety cycling-related exhibitors and vendors for cyclists of all types and skill levels. The PDX Bicycle Show will be Saturday March 23 and Sunday March 24 at Portland’s Expo Center, conveniently located on I-5 between Portland, Oregon and Vancouver, Washington. A sampling of this year’s show entertainment includes:
- Little Nutty Kid Zone by Nutcase Helmets
- Freeride Jam & Trick Competition – Featuring Andrew Taylor of Marin Bikes
- Professional Trials Rider – Ryan Leech
- “One Fine Ride” Fashion Show
- Oregon Handmade Bicycle Showcase
- Workshops & Seminars
- Prize drawings: Including a folding bike from Bike Friday, plus 3 models of Marin Bikes
- Deals on new Bike Gear, Apparel, Accessories, Car racks and Equipment
Bicycle Transportation Alliance
Pedal Nation Events