BTA is seeking a dynamic Oregon Active Transportation Summit Intern to work closely with our advocacy department to help plan, promote and put on the event on April 24th and 25th. This position will provide you with an opportunity to develop networks among local policy makers and knowledge of active transportation policy and planning, advocacy, and community organizing.
The Bicycle Transportation Alliance (BTA) is a non-profit membership organization working to promote bicycling and improve bicycling conditions in Oregon. Since 1990, the BTA has worked in partnership with citizens, businesses, community groups, government agencies, and elected officials to create communities where people can meet their daily transportation needs by bike.
- Attend Summit planning meetings
- Schedule lobby day meetings with Oregon legislators for April 25th
- Write promotional blog posts about the Summit on http://btaoregon.org/blog/
- Help develop and implement an outreach plan to reach event attendance goals
- Write speaking points for constituent lobby meetings
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- The position is ideally suited for a student or recent graduate in urban planning, community development, environmental studies, public administration, or law.
- Applicant should be highly computer literate with specific experience using the Microsoft Office suite of programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google communications suite.
- Very high attention to detail, including accuracy and efficiency.
- Self-starter with ability to improve systems.
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Organization: Bicycle Transportation Alliance
Job Title:Advocacy Intern – Oregon Active Transportation Summit
Reports to: Advocacy Director
Timeline: Short Term, now to end of April 2013
Salary: Unpaid Internship
Location: Portland, OR
This position description is also available as a PDF.