Beginning July 8th, SE Clinton will be closed at 27th Ave for at least a week. The closure is for sewer maintenance in the area and, at times, will involve a full closer of the road.
The north sidewalk on Clinton will remain open during construction so you can still walk past the closure. If you’re looking for a smooth ride, you’ll want to detour around the area.
Below is more from the City on what to expect. All the details are in a notice about the closure they released this week.
What to Expect During Construction
- Typical work hours are 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, but the contractor can choose to work on Saturdays if necessary.
- There will be lane restrictions and road closures.
- Flaggers and detours will be in place to guide vehicles through and around traffic controls. You may experience delays.
- On-street parking in the work area is prohibited during work hours.
- You will have access to your property during work hours, but you may be delayed entering or leaving your street or driveway.
- Equipment and materials may be stored within the work area and on nearby streets overnight.
- You will have sewer service at all times, even when work is near your building.
- A city construction inspector is on-site during work hours, and may be able to assist you with construction concerns. Inspectors typically wear a “City of Portland” safety vest and hard hat.
- Let us know if you have concerns such as business operations, disability issues or medical or business deliveries.