Not registered yet for the Oregon Safe Routes to School Conference? It’s coming up June 26-28 in Newberg, Oregon but here are the top 10 reasons to register today:
9. Families want Safe Routes to School. Eight out of 10 families surveyed identified safe routes to school as a priority.
8. Focusing on making walking and biking safe near schools makes your whole community healthier and safer.
7. 60% of school kids don’t get any exercise outside of school. We can change that.
6. Our conference happens every other year, so this is your only chance until 2016 to be inspired with all your favorite SRTS friends.
2. Participation in SRTS events has doubled in the past 2 years. Now 8% of Oregon schools have at least one SRTS event. Are you ready for your school to encourage walking and biking?
1. All that is missing right now is you! Together we will create a vision for our kids and schools, then roll up our sleeves, and make it happen. During our 2.5 days together we will focus on the SRTS 5 E’s and work to make our state a great place for our kids to grow and learn.