The Bicycle Transportation Alliance will come to your workplace or community group to teach a one-hour clinic covering laws, skills, basic gear, and basic maintenance. This is a great introductory class for people who are new to bicycling or interested in learning more about how to enjoy safe and comfortable bike commuting in all seasons. Experienced commuters are encouraged to come and share their tips with fellow riders and hopefully walk away with new knowledge as well.
Topics covered at the workshop include:
- Basics of riding – laws, traffic signals and signs, how to handle bike lanes, bike boxes, tracks, and sidewalks
- Skills – hand signals, turning, sharing the lane, and changing lanes
- Choosing gear – bikes, helmets, lights, locks, accessories, cold and rain gear, carrying kids and cargo
- Route planning – resources and taking bicycles on transit
- Q&A – answers to questions from new or experienced riders
We also host seasonal clinics with a special focus on gear options and riding skills for being safe and comfortable riding at night, in the rain, and in other fall and winter conditions.
Want to schedule a clinic? Fill out our request form here. $150 suggested donation.
Got questions? Contact Lauren.